Versant French Test
The Versant™ French Test evaluates a non-native French speaker's ability to understand spoken French on everyday topics and respond appropriately at a native-like conversational pace in French. Versant automated tests can quickly, objectively, and accurately evaluate the French language skills of candidates for employment or promotion, language program admission, or teacher credential programs.
How the Test is Used
- To evaluate a candidate's French communication skills for recruiting, training, or promotion programs
- To monitor student's progress and measure instructional outcomes
- To certify English and French bilingual teachers for international teaching programs
Why Use Versant
1. Research-based and reliable for accurate, meaningful results.
- The Versant French Test is built using criteria developed by expert linguists. The Versant testing system, based on the patented Ordinate® technology, has been extensively field trialed and validated with reference to the most qualified human evaluators of language proficiency, fluency, and pronunciation.
2. Objective, independent assessment for a more robust approach.
- The Versant testing system allows you to evaluate all of your candidates on an equal basis with objective, unbiased scoring. It complies with the legal and professional guidelines in the Uniform Guidelines for Employee Selection Procedures and the Principles for the Validation and Use of Personnel Selection Procedures governing the use of tests for high-stakes decision-making in organizations.
3. Streamlined administration and automated scoring save time.
- Your staff can easily administer Versant French Tests by having candidates take the test over the telephone or on a test center computer. The Versant testing system automatically scores a candidate's test, making a detailed score report available for you in the reporting system within minutes of being submitted.